[SOLVED] Laptop freezing for a few seconds every few minutes

erwin.glazenburg

Prominent
Jun 29, 2018
Hello everybody :),

I have a problem with my laptop. It's an acer nitro 5, with an 8th gen i5 intel processor and a gtx 1050 video card. Since a couple of months, it's been behaving very strangely: as the title says, every now and then (maybe once every minute) the whole screen freezes for a few seconds. During this time nothing moves, and my mouse moves with an extreme lag of about a second (when im in a game the mouse does not move at all). I have the antivirus mcafee, and according to it I don't have any viruses. The laptop is less than two years old so I really don't expect it to perform so poorly. If anyone could help me work towards fixing this problem I would be very happy. If any other information is needed please ask, and I will provide it ASAP.

Thanks in advance for helping,
Erwin

Dec 21, 2019
This is very strange . If I were you I would download Antivirus Kespersy Live Bootable (you need pendrive)
And try searching for viruses through this system . Someone explained me...
that there are more chances to detect infected files not running basic system . (Sometimes Kaspersky can't see touch-pad) . Also keep eye on task meager maybe
your memory is fully . It will shows you if some apps behaving odd or process . Another thing is , your system need to be updated or optimized there is a lot of videos
explaining how to increase speed , space , efficiency . Use free apps like CCcleaner , Clean up for Windows uninstall unnecessary apps remove files .
I gave you only some ideas I'm not an expert . Maybe some of those things can be useful . Good Lock !!!

erwin.glazenburg

Prominent
Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for the quick answers! First I tried to clean up my laptop, which did not improve much, but after reinstalling all my drivers the problems seem to have dissappeared now! The problem might have been my intel graphics drivers, which should not be in use actually, they were outdated and I was unable to update them until I completely removed and reinstalled them. So if anyone encounters this same issue: reinstall not only your dedicated graphics card drivers, but also the integrated one, it might be the problem. Thanks again :)

Reactions: lenovo_radek_^^