Question Laptop Freezing problem.

Jul 3, 2021
Recently I downloaded Payday 2 and tried to play it, but after about 30 minutes or so, my laptop would freeze, all inputs would not work, Ctrl+Alt+Del neither. At first I thought of it as a bug in the game but now the same problem occurs while I play Cooking Simulator and Fall guys.
While gaming temperature isn't too much either, considering I play on a gaming laptop, it's slightly warm but not unbearable. Also I've checked for any malwares and also installed the game and ran it after disabling my antivirus, but the problem is still there.
I've other games as well like Csgo, Valorant, Terraria, Humans fall flat; the laptop doesn't freeze when I play them, even for hours, and when the temperature is much high.
Pls drop down any help or fixes or any advice that would be of help. Much thanks in advance.
Specs : Intel i5 9300H 9nth gen
8 Gb ram
256 Gb SSD
1 Tb hdd
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4gb

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might I ask where you sourced the installer for your game(s)? Warm but not hot isn't much of a relevant term. It's best if you use HWMonitor to monitor your temps, then parse screenshots for us to take a look at. To add, you should also mention your ambient room air temps for us to get some semblance of your delta's. As for your processor, you might want to try your hand at undervolting to get lower power draws and in turn reduce heat dumped by the processor.

What version of Windows 10 are you working with? BIOS version at the time of writing for your laptop? Speaking of laptop, what is the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU?

Reactions: Shrishk
Jul 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might I ask where you sourced the installer for your game(s)? Warm but not hot isn't much of a relevant term. It's best if you use HWMonitor to monitor your temps, then parse screenshots for us to take a look at. To add, you should also mention your ambient room air temps for us to get some semblance of your delta's. As for your processor, you might want to try your hand at undervolting to get lower power draws and in turn reduce heat dumped by the processor.

What version of Windows 10 are you working with? BIOS version at the time of writing for your laptop? Speaking of laptop, what is the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU?
Thank you so much for replying. All of the games I've mentioned above are downloaded from Steam. Sorry for that temperature thing though, I've edited it, the temperature isn't too much, because overcooked, payday and fall guys, are all light to moderate games I guess.
My room temperature is about 30°C on average.
I use Windows 10 Home Single language 64 bit,
Bios version - Insyde F.20
Laptop is HP gaming pavilion 15-dk0047tx
System SKU - 7LG96PA#ACJ
I'll update with the temps again.

TRENDING THREADS