[SOLVED] Laptop gets 950 mbits while newer desktop only gets around 500 600 max. Why?

Mar 3, 2020
They both use the exact same lan cable (30 metres) same testing, different results...
I tried different drivers and EVEN tried a PCIE gigabit adapter. NOT EVEN THAT could get me to 1gbit. So what the heck is the problem?

1. Not the router, it can do gigabit
2.Not the Lan cable.
3.Motherboard is an ASROCK pro 4 b450m which is supposed to support gigabit
4. drivers are up2date
5.testings were done at the same time of the day same everything to be honest.
6. Chipset and network drivers were also installed properly.

I cannot figure it out. this is frustrating as hell and nobody seems to be able to help me :(

Solution
Do both machines have equally fast SSDs -- your storage could be the slow spot. Some SSDs do not have DRAM for example. Also, are you looking at similar files -- large sequential transfer faster than a lot of small files.
I always test from an NVMe drive to a big RAID array and get around 850MB/s over 10GbE for large sequential files.

RealBeast

Titan
Do both machines have equally fast SSDs -- your storage could be the slow spot. Some SSDs do not have DRAM for example. Also, are you looking at similar files -- large sequential transfer faster than a lot of small files.
I always test from an NVMe drive to a big RAID array and get around 850MB/s over 10GbE for large sequential files.

Solution