[SOLVED] laptop gpu overheating

Sep 5, 2020
i'm using a old laptop with a dedicated gpu (geforce 310m) and i think it's overheating, in basic usage the temps are 67 c or more, the max was 79 c, and i think it's way too hot and i can't seem to find any information about the operating temperature of this gpu.
the cooler is clean and both thermal pastes were applied during the same time period and the cpu temps are completely normal.
at least in basic usage there is no slowdowns

Solution
I wouldn't worry about it. If you've cleaned the cooler and re-pasted them both, you've done everything you can do. If there is some sort of a problem, there are very few options when it comes to making repairs.
So long as everything seems to be running fine, you're good.

Even though GPUs and CPUs share the same cooling system in laptops, they usually run at different temperatures. This is due to them consuming different amounts of power, being built on different architectures, and being at different utilization levels at any given time.
Sep 5, 2020
GPUs and CPUs run hotter in laptops than in desktops. This is due to the much smaller area in which they operate and the fact that they share the same cooling system.
so i shouldn't worry about these temps?
btw i digged into this gpu temp and apparently the max temp that this gpu can handle is 96 c
i just thought something was up because the gpu was way hotter than the cpu

I wouldn't worry about it. If you've cleaned the cooler and re-pasted them both, you've done everything you can do. If there is some sort of a problem, there are very few options when it comes to making repairs.

Even though GPUs and CPUs share the same cooling system in laptops, they usually run at different temperatures. This is due to them consuming different amounts of power, being built on different architectures, and being at different utilization levels at any given time.

Solution
Sep 5, 2020

guess i won't worry then, there's no thermal throttling or anything like that
thanks!