Laptop GPU usage dropping

Sep 15, 2018
So i've tested this on battlefiled 1 and riva tuner, every twenty seconds or so in game my GPU usage drops to about 18% (from the stable 80% in normal conditions) and so do my fps. My cpu stays at the same load and olny half of the ram is used.
What could be the problem and the reason the gpu usage drops?
My laptop specs are: gtx 1050 2gb vram, i7 7700HQ, 16 gb ram.

Solution
I solved: the fps lock and gpu usage drop were correlated as i tought, when the integrated and the gtx run togheter some of the workload is sometimes given to the intel, thsi causes fps lock and evidently also the gpu usage drops. I solved disabling completely the intel gpu in devices.
We can close
Sep 15, 2018

I have checked and the temps stay in check even if it's a laptop, the fans are spinning a lot. I also checked about the power settings and everything was on maximum performance.

Sep 15, 2018

The laptop is an HP omen and the temps were 80 for the cpu ( which has normal usage) and 65 for the GPU.

Sep 15, 2018

My cpu frequency is at 100% since the power plan is on max performance and also custom set, my cpu usage in game is indeed never 99% and doesn't drop either. Both my cpu and my gpu (im on lowest settings) fill the minimum bf1 requirements.
What is tdp?

Sep 15, 2018

I peviously didn't have it on, then I did and the drops became less frequent, but they still happen and make it unplayable.

Sep 15, 2018
Update: I also noticed that my fps are being locked to 60 in some other games that previously were not, I tried to disable vsync from the nvidia control panel but it doesn't solve the fps lock issue. Is there an option to restore graphic settings to default and see if that solves it? otherwise I might have to reinstall windows.

Sep 15, 2018
I solved: the fps lock and gpu usage drop were correlated as i tought, when the integrated and the gtx run togheter some of the workload is sometimes given to the intel, thsi causes fps lock and evidently also the gpu usage drops. I solved disabling completely the intel gpu in devices.
We can close

Solution
Mar 26, 2019
Hi, I believe I have the same issue in which the dedicated and intel graphics shares the workload. Although I have set all my nvidia settings to run on the dedicated gpu, may I ask how you disabled the intel graphics completely?