Laptop gpu will crash on games unless the memory clock is underclocked

Sidious69_420

Prominent
Apr 20, 2020
Hello guys, i have an Acer V3 571G, with an Nvidia GeForce gt 640m 2gb

the gpu will crash with an error message "the Nvidia GeForce gt 640m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged", after that the system will go into bsod with driver power state failure.

underclocking the core memory by -150 prevented the crashes, but this gave a huge performance drops on my games, overclocking the core clock to max +135 isn't enough to compensate :(

is there a way to prevent the crashes without underclocking the core memory? a fix?
if not, i simply want to find a way to compensate for the lost performance :( thank you

https://www.acer.com/ac/fi/FI/content/support-product/4077?b=1

select your operating system, Scroll down for VGA driver, download both intel + nvidia VGA driver on your deskop. Then install DDU (display driver uninstaller) google it and extract it to your desktop. Put all your overclocks etc to +0.
Plug off your internet now, cable and wifi

After that boot into safe mode and open DDU in safe mode, select GPU then Intel, press clean and restart (recommended) after restart boot again to safe mode and press DDU again, this time select GPU , then NVIDIA, clean and restart recommended, let it run and it will reboot again automatically. keep your internet still plugged off and boot into normal windows. Now install both intel and nvidia drivers from your desktop which you downloaded earlier (use clean install for nvidia). After reboots etc you should be set.

Sidious69_420

Prominent
Apr 20, 2020
Try many different drivers, with DDU in between. From acer and geforce site. This is not usually crash code for failing gpu.
i have actually tried drivers all the way from 358.xx to the latest one, i noticed that anything below 361.75 gives a crash and anything above that version gives the ejection error.
what should i do with the intel driver?