Laptop Graphic Configuration

MWamiqAkram

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Hello,
I am purchasing a laptop for Rendering, Graphics Animation Purpose, For Architectural Visualization in 3DS Max, Revit, Autocad - Motion Graphics in After Effects such as Logo intro and movie clips , Illustrator,Photoshop , Unity Game Development,
For my Graphics Work the minimum Requirment is Quadcore processor with a gpu

I have 2 options for laptops
Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 8th Gen i5
08GB 1TB
2-GB Nvidia 940mx Graphics
Second Option i have is
Dell Inspiron 15 5567 - 7th Gen i7
08GB 1TB 24GB AMD Radeon R7 M445

I just Need to know which option should i go for the prices of both the laptops are almost same, which thing should i prefer more Processor or Graphic Card
its like 7th Generation I7 VS 8th Generation I5
2GB Nvidia 940MX vs 4GB AMD Radeon R7 M445

Suggestions? Please Help in making me a suitable choice for graphics.
Thanks

Solution
The lenovo is better in every way. The cpu is a quad core i5-8250U vs the dell which is a dual core i7-7500U. You should never think i7 is better just because you are comparing an i5. They are the same kaby lake in this case as 8th gen covers 3 difference architectures. Turbo speeds are similar so the quad core wins. The 940mx is better than the m445. Different architecture so I can't explain in detail why but it's a more powerful gpu and the extra vram doesn't mean more performance. These are low power laptops with low power U cpus so are not ideal for that type of work.
What I can tell you is that Nvidia's 940MX GPU is faster than AMD's R7 M445 GPU. What I can't tell you is what programs use more GPU than CPU power. I am not a graphics artist but I do use Vegas Studio for video editing and rendering as well as Handbrake for smaller jobs. Both have options to render with the GPU or CPU. I have a high end GPU (GTX 1080 Ti) so I generally let the GPU do the work since my i5 4690K is not as powerful in those applications.

With that said, you are dealing with very low level GPU graphics power on either laptop. Get the i7 because chances are your apps will run better with that CPU *if* you have the option to run off the CPU vs. the GPU in your apps.

The lenovo is better in every way. The cpu is a quad core i5-8250U vs the dell which is a dual core i7-7500U. You should never think i7 is better just because you are comparing an i5. They are the same kaby lake in this case as 8th gen covers 3 difference architectures. Turbo speeds are similar so the quad core wins. The 940mx is better than the m445. Different architecture so I can't explain in detail why but it's a more powerful gpu and the extra vram doesn't mean more performance. These are low power laptops with low power U cpus so are not ideal for that type of work.

Solution

MWamiqAkram

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
The Lenovo has 4 Cores , 4 Threads, I5 - 8th Generation with 2GB Nvidia 940MX
whereas
Dell is I7, 7th Generation with 4GB AMD Radeon

Plus i have read it on another forums that AMD has 230 cores and there is a problem in rendering with AE, however Nvidia are supported by most of the softwares, plus they have 230+ cores .
I guess i should choose Lenovo ideapad320 , which is 8th Generation I5, Nvidia 920 MX ??

i have also HP Pavilion 15 - CC122TX - 8th Gen Ci7 QuadCore 08GB 1TB 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 15.6"HD LED 720p B&O Speakers Backlit KB available as well
Just that it has 4GB nvidia Geforce 940MX will it work?
I just coudnt get it Dell is giving extra vram with AMD radeon, but still Nvidia 2gb card works better than that ?

You can't compare different architectures so number of cores is irrelevant. You're asking the same thing and everything was already explained. As mentioned earlier the 940mx is better. Vram doesn't help.

The lenovo is actually 4 cores, 8 threads. All 8th gen i5 and i7 mobile are 4c/8t. The Hp i7 should be faster speeds so it's obvious which is better.

TRENDING THREADS