Laptop Graphics card upgrade?

xXSnikrzXx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I have a relatively old laptop, that is fast, just not for play games. Its graphics card is pretty horrible, but the memory and processor speed is good.
It is a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944. The processor is a Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16 GHz. I know its not the best, but my laptop was pretty cheap is kinda old. 2.00 GB of ram and 32-bit operating system.
I would like to find a cheap Graphics card that wouldn't be too impossible to put in, if it is at all possible.
EDIT: http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/retail-product.jsp?poid=438253
there is a website to my laptop, so maybe that will help?

xXSnikrzXx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
So, what are you saying i should do to see IF it is possible for my laptops graphics card to be changed. I've heard plenty of times that very few laptops actually can change their graphics card.

Ari3sgr3gg0

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Sorry there's no way to add internal graphics to that laptop, however you can use the express card slot for a graphics card. Look up diy vidock in google and there's a very large thread dedicated to that topic

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

There are a few laptops that can allow you to upgrade the video card, however it must have an ATI or nVidia card to have any chance of having a MXM slot to install a video card.

Your Satellite has an Intel GMA 4500MHD video chip which is soldered into the motherboard. There is no option to upgrade.

You have two options:

1. Keep it.

2. Look for a laptop that has something better than Intel GMA, but that does not guarantee you can upgrade the video card. You need to research first before buying.

TRENDING THREADS