Question Laptop Graphics Card

Dragon155

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2016
Hey all,

I just purchased a HP Omen 15 laptop, comes with intel integrated graphics (yikes) as well as a gtx 1050TI, now I’m trying to figure out how to disable the intel integrated graphics because unless I am in game, the intel integrated graphics take over. Now this would be fine if not for the fact that wallpaper engine uses 90% of this Integrated GPU at all times, so I open google chrome and 1 other application and my computer instantly drops to 5fps and nothing works properly. But when I disable the intel integrated graphics, the Nvidia graphics don’t work properly. If anyone knows what I should do, that would be awesome. I am also having issues installing nvidia graphics drivers, every time I try to install one, it says “another installation is in progress, please finish and try again” but I do not have any other installations running.

Edit: it also comes with a 144hz display, which I can not get past 60hz
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NZVYJPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
Hey all,

I just purchased a HP Omen 15 laptop, comes with intel integrated graphics (yikes) as well as a gtx 1050TI, now I’m trying to figure out how to disable the intel integrated graphics because unless I am in game, the intel integrated graphics take over. Now this would be fine if not for the fact that wallpaper engine uses 90% of this Integrated GPU at all times, so I open google chrome and 1 other application and my computer instantly drops to 5fps and nothing works properly. But when I disable the intel integrated graphics, the Nvidia graphics don’t work properly. If anyone knows what I should do, that would be awesome. I am also having issues installing nvidia graphics drivers, every time I try to install one, it says “another installation is in progress, please finish and try again” but I do not have any other installations running.

Edit: it also comes with a 144hz display, which I can not get past 60hz
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NZVYJPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks in advance!
the 120hz thing i dont know about the gpu the only thing i know you can do is install windows 7