Question Laptop Graphics Confusion

dowismylife

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Okay so here's the thing I bought the laptop I got specifically to use for vr but a bit cheaper. It has two graphics cards in it as far as I can tell. First graphics card is the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and the whole system seems to default to it. The second is why I bought the laptop its a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti I figured oh yeah that can handle vr. So the problem is that when I try to run any game, program, whatever the laptop uses the Intel graphics which is a hell of a lot slower than the GTX. No matter what I do I cannot get the laptop to use the GTX card and so everything runs slowly or choppy in vr. I have tried disabling the first graphics card, I have tried setting the default graphics card in the nvidia panel to the GTX, I have tried to update the driver yadda yadda yadda. This is driving me up the wall please someone help me on this or at least let me know if I just need to take this brand new laptop to the repair guys and see if they have better luck.

Aug 1, 2019
S
Okay so here's the thing I bought the laptop I got specifically to use for vr but a bit cheaper. It has two graphics cards in it as far as I can tell. First graphics card is the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and the whole system seems to default to it. The second is why I bought the laptop its a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti I figured oh yeah that can handle vr. So the problem is that when I try to run any game, program, whatever the laptop uses the Intel graphics which is a hell of a lot slower than the GTX. No matter what I do I cannot get the laptop to use the GTX card and so everything runs slowly or choppy in vr. I have tried disabling the first graphics card, I have tried setting the default graphics card in the nvidia panel to the GTX, I have tried to update the driver yadda yadda yadda. This is driving me up the wall please someone help me on this or at least let me know if I just need to take this brand new laptop to the repair guys and see if they have better luck.
Same problem when i was playing for honor.

Ii was able to utilize the nvidia by disabling the intel integrated gpu. Go to device manage then disable it . There will be a blink as it changes the graphics card to nvidia. Then your unit should use nvidia rather than the intel gpu

dowismylife

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
S

Same problem when i was playing for honor.

Ii was able to utilize the nvidia by disabling the intel integrated gpu. Go to device manage then disable it . There will be a blink as it changes the graphics card to nvidia. Then your unit should use nvidia rather than the intel gpu
So I did try to do that and instead it just defaulted to yet another inbuilt graphics card

You don't take a new laptop to "repair guys", you contact the vendor support and tell them the graphics don't work properly.