Reza_15

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2016
Hi all

My Hard disk temperature is alittle high

while web browsing temperature is 38

while watching movie temperature is 40-42

while playing game temperature is 48-50

I use a 3 fan cool pad while playing games!

this over heat makes my system crash

what should I do to descrease temperature?

408x275

** note : I checked hard disk with HDD Regenerator and HDD tune and there was no bad sectors

large

267x138

214x144

note 2 :

I had a e560 laptop

last month I changed it with a e570 but I didnt change Hard disk and install my old hard disk on new laptop

Could be some dust accumulation on the heatsinks that is hampering airflow - carefully shoot some air from a can (in short, controlled bursts to prevent fan overspin) into the exhaust ports and see if there is any dust coming out of the intakes.

If that does not work the best bet is to disassemble and inspect the heatsink and clean out manually.

Another solution, replace with SSD they do not heat up as much.

Reza_15

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2016

There is no heatsink

Sorry I had meant the CPU/GPU heatsink it's pretty common they get clogged over time and cause heat build-up overall, it's possible you have it covered already just wanted to mention it. Many a time I have disassembled a laptop to replace the fan and the old heatsink is very dirty and not allowing airflow.

navyfalcon

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
The only cooling a laptop has is the CPU. The CPU has thermal paste to transfer the heat to the heatsink and the heatsink has the fan to cool it.
Using a better thermal past can help a little, but disassembling the laptop and cleaning the dust and dirt that accumulates in it and cleaning the
heatsink and checking if some dirt is slowing the fan is the best and cheapest solution. The laptop can have dust and dirt in it besides the heatsink.
Doolittle was correct and replacing with a better fan does help (number of fan blades, design of blades, type of bearings, etc improve airflow.

TRENDING THREADS