Laptop has crashed & I can not restart it!

I was on the internet when my lap top completely froze. I had to switch it
off using the power button. Now I can not get it to restart. Any help would
really be appreciated.
I am using my old PC at the moment

MagsMack wrote
> I was on the internet when my lap top completely froze. I had to switch it
> off using the power button. Now I can not get it to restart. Any help
> would
> really be appreciated.
> I am using my old PC at the moment

What do YOU mean by restart?
Does it not even try to boot up?
Can you boot into safe more or last known good configuration?

--
<- Shenan ->
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible

if you aren't getting any power at all.. try re initialisng the battery...
take the battery out.. connect notebook to the power adapter.. try switching
it on then.. if the lights come on the notebook with the adapter slide the
battery back in... if this does not work you might have a faulty adapter or
battery... hope this helps... i've seen something similar before on a few
occasions..

"MagsMack" wrote:

> I was on the internet when my lap top completely froze. I had to switch it
> off using the power button. Now I can not get it to restart. Any help would
> really be appreciated.
> I am using my old PC at the moment

Hi,

When you power it on, how far does it get? Do you see the POST? Does Windows
begin to load and halt? If so, at what point? Are there any beeps at all?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"MagsMack" <MagsMack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was on the internet when my lap top completely froze. I had to switch it
> off using the power button. Now I can not get it to restart. Any help
> would
> really be appreciated.
> I am using my old PC at the moment

TRENDING THREADS