moderntablets

Prominent
Mar 25, 2020
Hi! As you have guessed it, I have a gray screen of death issue in my laptop.

It happened when I was watching in YouTube. I was watching a video, entered to full screen, then exit to fullscreen, but instead the screen suddenly crashed. It was all gray with some lines on it. I tried turning it off and on in the hopes of it getting resolved, but it didn't. It's stuck on gray screen.

When I start my laptop, there's a flick of lines then gray screen. I don't see the usual start up, it's just gray screen the moment you open it.

I tried connecting it to an external monitor and it worked. It was working fine apart from the laptop screen. I tried System Restore, but it didn't help. I tried safe boot. It didn't work, it's still gray screen.

So, my laptop is still working fine except for it's screen. I checked and the laptop screen is still connected and I can justify that became I also see some weird boxes and lines appearing when I open a software using the keyboard. I'm afraid that the cord of the laptop monitor is faulty, but I hope it's not. Also I noticed if I let it there for a while, the gray screen turns into white. I'm really clueless in all of these, I have zero expertise in this field. Pls help.

Solution
Hi! Thanks for your response. I'm not really knowledgeable about this, so correct me if I'm wrong on any of this :)

I'm not really sure, but when I open my laptop it starts with a bang(?) of lines of colors. I'm not sure. Although, the screen gradually turns white from gray if I let it on for a while.

If you see some colors, the backlight must have worked. So it seems that the screen's circuit board is faulty.

moderntablets

Prominent
Mar 25, 2020
Does the screen backlight still work?
Hi! Thanks for your response. I'm not really knowledgeable about this, so correct me if I'm wrong on any of this :)

I'm not really sure, but when I open my laptop it starts with a bang(?) of lines of colors. I'm not sure. Although, the screen gradually turns white from gray if I let it on for a while.

If you see some colors, the backlight must have worked. So it seems that the screen's circuit board is faulty.

Solution

moderntablets

Prominent
Mar 25, 2020
Thank you! I'll take that advice, but that would probably be my last resort. I'll try to see what happens, and keep this updated if I ever find the cause of mine. I'll still be open if anyone knows something about this :)

Reactions: lvt