Laptop has slow ethernet

Aug 22, 2018
I normally use my wifi on my laptop and ethernet on my desktop but my desktop is having ethernet issues so I thought I'd use my laptop to help troubleshoot. However, when I use ethernet with my laptop it's so slow there basically is no internet. Webpages either say "no internet" or load forever and stay blank. If I have both ethernet and wifi running then they're both uselessly slow but if I disable/unplug the ethernet the wifi goes back to normal but the vice versa isn't true, the ethernet is slow no matter what.

Aug 22, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from camronbutler : "Laptop has slow ethernet"

I normally use my wifi on my laptop and ethernet on my desktop but my desktop is having ethernet issues so I thought I'd use my laptop to help troubleshoot. However, when I use ethernet with my laptop it's so slow there basically is no internet. Webpages either say "no internet" or load forever and stay blank. If I have both ethernet and wifi running then they're both uselessly slow but if I disable/unplug the ethernet the wifi goes back to normal but the vice versa isn't true, the ethernet is slow no matter what.
I'm using a MSI GL72M 7RDX

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from camronbutler : "Ethernet won't work"

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from camronbutler : "Ethernet won't work"