Question Laptop Hdd caddy not working/detected

Sep 24, 2020
So i bought an hdd and a caddy for my laptop but the problem is the laptop does not recognize the hdd caddy. On my first hdd caddy the laptop recognized the hdd caddy but i cant reformat it because it just gets stuck on reformatting which should just be in seconds because quick format is checked, after some time the hdd caddy is not anymore recognized by the laptop its not even appearing anymore on the device manager. Now we tested it on my brother's laptop and there it worked flawlessly, we were able to format it and even put files to ensure its working but on my laptop its not working. Then my brother bought another hdd caddy for me, this time the hdd caddy came with 4 switches.
1st Switch was dedicated for HP laptops which is my laptop is also an HP model, it didnt work the laptop just boots itself up normally and does not recognize the hdd caddy even in device manager
2nd Switch was dedicated for another laptop (i forgot the name) it didnt work too, same case as the 1st switch
3rd Switch was dedicated for another laptop, but this time the laptop gets stuck on HP logo booting up screen, no matter how many hours its just there in that boot up screen
4th Switch was for Other models/etc. this switch worked 1 time, the hdd caddy was recognize and everything went fine we even put files yet again to make sure its working. But the next day the same case happened with the 3rd switch where it just get stuck on the HP logo boot up loading screen and i am not able to access windows unless i remove the hdd caddy.
Can anyone help me find the problem because i spent all my savings on the hdd and i dont want it to go to waste just sitting there in the corner.
My laptop specs are:
HP Envy M6 1105DX
Windows 10 Home 10.019041 Build 19041
Amd A10 4600m
BIOS-Insyde F.12 04/09/2012
BIOS Mode- UEFI

Sep 24, 2020
i checked the page, and it seems they dont have any software drivers or bios updates for my laptop since im using Windows 10, what i see there is only available for Windows 8 and 8.1. Im scared to do BIOS update since im thinking it may 'brick' the laptop. Will it be fine if i used the BIOS driver available for Windows 8 on Windows 10?

Sep 24, 2020
if you are scared bricking it, don´t update. But usually it should be no problem. Backup important data before updating nontheless
UPDATE 2: Its not working once again and booting the laptop just gets stuck at the HP logo. I checked in System Information (F2) and it seems the hdd is recognized but the laptop wont boot up if its installed.