Laptop HDD not detected in BIOS or Windows 10 installation from USB

Oct 29, 2018
When I boot my laptop without a USB it boots directly into the BIOS. There are no HDDs in the boot order which I can see. When I put the USB with the Windows 10 installation media in, it boots to the Windows 10 installer. However, when asked where to install Windows, it says 'we couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click driver.'

I think this may have been because I tried to install Linux Mint using a USB and clicked something accidentally during the drive selection process. When I tried to boot my laptop after the installation it would boot into the BIOS, which I'm guessing suggests the installation did not work.

Also, I tried diskpart and listing the drives - the only drive that is displayed is my USB.

Could anyone help me how to fix this? Any feedback, advice, or comments would be helpful.

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
try this first go into bios and at bottom of screen it will have Load Default settings, Current Settings. you want to Load Default settings think its F5. (but make sure its default settings.) F10 to save and exit bios this should revert back to original bios settings from Manufacturer. (If you didn't update the bios yet) you shouldn't have any problems it should then reboot and recognize the HDD/SSD in bios and boot normally.