Laptop HDMI to monitor no signal - to TV works fine

Kai__M

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
Hello,

I'm using an ASUS Vivobook E200HA (Windows 10 Home 64-bit) which uses Intel HD graphics. The laptop has a micro HDMI port and I've attached an HDMI-to-micro-HDMI adapter to it. If I plug it into my TV it works immediately, no issues what so ever. However if I plug it into a monitor there's no signal.

I've looked into this and tried updating my video drivers, installing the ones from the Asus website, changing various settings in Windows as well as trying two different monitors (different models/brands) and different cables.

I notice in the Intel HD Graphics control panel that in the multi-monitor section no other displays (aside from the one built into the laptop) are detected.

The strangest thing so far is that when I had the laptop hooked up to one of the monitors and left it there for some time, suddenly the monitor started to display my laptop's screen. I did literally nothing to make this happen, and am quite stumped at what might have caused this. Both of these monitors I use every day on my desktop computer without issue, and using the same cables.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be really happy to try them! Quite frustrated that it doesn't just work.