Laptop heat sensors claim extreme heat

Feb 2, 2019
Recently my gaming laptop began using the fan more. I ran HW Monitor and it says my temps are really really high. The only thing is the bottom of the computer isn't hot, and doesn't get too hot even when I game a really recent game, and there has been zero performance issues. I wondered if something else may be up like faulty sensors or the like. Is there something I can look at on HW monitor to see if anything else could be causing this?

In Particular the Intel 4600 HD Graphics is running the hottest, but the core CPUS and my nvidia aren't exactly cool. I also wanted to say I did just clean the inside including the fans. I did this about 45 minutes ago to see if it stopped this issue.

Even resting right now it claims to be very hot but there is no heat at all on bottom of computer and little if any hot air blowing out the fan. The temps are very extreme. Saying up to 215 Degrees Fahrenheit. I am aware this is too hot, and dangerous for comp, but it has not shut down, stuttered or hindered performance on any game, and is not hot like I said. .

Feb 2, 2019
Hi Scout,

I believe I was updating the post when you wrote this. I just cleaned it thinking that was issue too. I used canned air and a q tip to get the side of the fans after taking off bottom cover