Laptop inside parts or its outside skin can bent/damage due to heat?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi, I know every laptop is different but can you please answer this question of mine? Heat such as 65c-75c from CPU and/or GPU can damage or bent other smaller parts on the board inside of the laptop? It gets real warm when I put my hands on the laptop skin HWinfo64 says 65c-75c, most of the time it is around 50c but in games it can reach these as well, but I guess these temps are normal for a laptop

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to the laptop would help us two fold.

Just a generalized opinion, if the laptop is brand new - then no, you shouldn't be worried. If the laptop is older, the plastics will be partially denatured due to heat cycles. If the laptop is a decade of old, the plastic will also be brittle around the area where you see the vents, which most likely is around where the hinge is.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to the laptop would help us two fold.

Just a generalized opinion, if the laptop is brand new - then no, you shouldn't be worried. If the laptop is older, the plastics will be partially denatured due to heat cycles. If the laptop is a decade of old, the plastic will also be brittle around the area where you see the vents, which most likely is around where the hinge is.

I asked tons of questions related to this laptop before but I forgot to ask this, it is a ASUS ROG G15 GA503M Zep, I think it is 1-2 years old since its official release to the stores, but we got this 1-2-3 months ago