Question Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

Dec 27, 2023
My laptop is a Lenovo with 8GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor (Windows 10 currently, previously I had 11. Restore to 10 as I thought maybe reinstalling a lower version could help solve the problem).

The problem I'm facing is that whenever I'm working on my laptop, it instantly turns off and restarts automatically. I scoured the internet and found some suggestions that it might be due to overheating of the fan. Consequently, I took the laptop to a service center, and they cleaned the inside thoroughly. Additionally, after explaining my problem, they suggested that reinstalling the Windows operating system might solve the issue. I followed their advice and reinstalled Windows, but unfortunately, the problem persists, and it's becoming quite frustrating.

A few days ago, as usual, it turned off, but instead of restarting automatically and returning to the home screen, it got stuck on the boot menu, and I couldn't find a way to bypass it and access the computer. I brought it to the service center again, but they couldn't identify any problem at that time. Today, they informed me over the phone that it might be a chip issue, and they need some more time to thoroughly investigate.

Now, could you please let me know what might be the problem with my laptop?

Dec 11, 2023
could you go into BIOS to check CPU's temperature ? normal or too high ?

do you have partitions on your SSD ?

have you tried to boot laptop and use an USB Windows recovery key to see it it helps ?

TRENDING THREADS