Question Laptop is freezing/crashing while gaming ?

frozensun

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018
Laptop model: Dell Alienware 17 R3

Hi guys.I never was able still to resolve this issue.
I bouught used this laptop with i7 6820HK and 980M graphics card.
A seller told me everything works okay but I got scammed.

With his setup/drivers when I play games after some time games freeze sound is ON but game simply freeze and becomes unrespnsive su only way to resolve is to close the game process.
I tried many GPU drivers even current one from website and now with that driver I have situation where games crash simply to desktop, but process of the game remains in task manager.
But which is odd sometimes laptop works perfectly normal when I game, no issues.
What do I get is some direct x error message,I can post screencap of window later.

I googled a lot and figured out that a lot of users from this laptop where complaining about simillar issue even crashing while normal use of laptop bur none was able to resolve it.
each time it pops me out to desktop with different directx error messages.
While I am gaming I do control temps of GPU and CPU and for this model they are normal,so I believe issue is not heat realated.
I even have use a cooling pad.

I contacted repair technician he told me I can replace thermal paste and clean vents but in the process I don't guarantee I can mess or brake smth up.

I bought this laptop for gaming, so now I really dunno what to do with it, since I have this issue in games.
Today I tested it with prime95 and furmark just to compare temps with the one for review of this laptop ad notebookcheck and my temp for CPU is 10 C higher, for GPU 3 C higher.
I mean if it's hardware releated then each time when using laptop I would get this issue, but does not happen like that.There are rare situations as I said where in gaming laptop works perfectly okay, though rarely.

I can post DirectX error screens later if that is important and tempe while running prime95 and furmark for 10 minutes.

So my friends how would I resolve this if it's possible, it pisses me of because this laptop is taking my space for nothing.