Question Laptop is randomly freezing or showing a black screen ?

Aug 17, 2023
I bought Asus Tuf FA506IV 2-3 days ago.

Here is the problem; the screen freezes randomly or shows a black screen 10 or 15 times daily. Also, have blue screens often. I can't move my cursor, the key combinations do not work. However, the keyboard lights are open. The only solution is the close/open the power button.

I tried these solutions;

- Fresh Windows 10/11 (tried them both) with drivers from Windows update, then update the processor(4800h) chipset from the AMD website. Update the NVIDIA drivers. Didn't solve

- Clean/Uninstall TPM, Didn't solve

- Connect the other monitor to see if the problem is the screen, if it's frozen it disconnects from the monitor. Didn't solve

Now I am using the old Nvidia driver from 2023's beginning but it didn't solve either.

What should I try next? I bought the computer from another country, so the service work is gonna be expensive. Should I try local computer services?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Fresh Windows 10/11
Where did you source the installer(s) for the OS?

Asus Tuf FA506IV
Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending.

with drivers from Windows update, then update the processor(4800h) chipset from the AMD website. Update the NVIDIA drivers.
You're advised to install the OS in an offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 17, 2023
Firstly, OS's sources are from the Windows official website. I already updated the BIOS (forgot the mention).
Yes, I installed the OS in offline mode, then installed it from Windows Update. Because not all of the drivers in the ASUS's website.

Aug 15, 2023
I bought Asus Tuf FA506IV 2-3 days ago.

Here is the problem; the screen freezes randomly or shows a black screen 10 or 15 times daily. Also, have blue screens often. I can't move my cursor, the key combinations do not work. However, the keyboard lights are open. The only solution is the close/open the power button.

I tried these solutions;

- Fresh Windows 10/11 (tried them both) with drivers from Windows update, then update the processor(4800h) chipset from the AMD website. Update the NVIDIA drivers. Didn't solve

- Clean/Uninstall TPM, Didn't solve

- Connect the other monitor to see if the problem is the screen, if it's frozen it disconnects from the monitor. Didn't solve

Now I am using the old Nvidia driver from 2023's beginning but it didn't solve either.

What should I try next? I bought the computer from another country, so the service work is gonna be expensive. Should I try local computer services?
Hi , if all is up to date , first you can disable video card and test and see if you receive the same thing , if not go on https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/asus-tuf-gaming-a15/, and select your laptop exact model and install all drivers from there , and after that try test again , you can also test memory with mem test from windows and HDD with HD Sentinel, I know is a new model but you can test just to make sure all is ok , first install AMD drivers and after that restart , test , and after that try to install Nvidia driver in this order and see if it works .

Aug 17, 2023
Hi , if all is up to date , first you can disable video card and test and see if you receive the same thing , if not go on https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/asus-tuf-gaming-a15/, and select your laptop exact model and install all drivers from there , and after that try test again , you can also test memory with mem test from windows and HDD with HD Sentinel, I know is a new model but you can test just to make sure all is ok , first install AMD drivers and after that restart , test , and after that try to install Nvidia driver in this order and see if it works .
Gonna try this way. I will log If it does not help.

Reactions: DanielCalota

TRENDING THREADS