My laptop is the HP 17-by4095cl
Specs:
11th gen Intel core i5
12GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce MX350
Windows 11
1TB HD
256GB SSD

So basically this laptop was made for gaming. HP also says that it can last up to 7 hours on one charge. I'm lucky to get even an hour out of it. So battery is one issue. The other one is that playing things on it like Minecraft, Dying Light, Fortnite, and Just Cause 4 all drop down to 1-5fps and lock there. Only roblox plays good sitting at a steady 60fps.
I will be talking to HP about this but I was wondering if anyone else has had these same issues if anyone has this same laptop

Solution
If you're doing this on battery, keep in mind:
  • Advertised battery life is basically doing nothing more than browsing the internet, maybe watching YouTube or something, and with a relatively low brightness on the screen. Basically, not gaming on it.
  • The hardware cannot be fully powered safely from the battery alone. A rule of thumb is to not allow the battery to discharge more than its mAH rating on average. So if the battery has a 3000mAH rating, the system won't draw more than 3000mA of current on average.
EDIT: Updated the point about the battery discharge rate. It's actually from current, not power (https://lithiumhub.com/discharge-rate/)
If you're doing this on battery, keep in mind:
  • Advertised battery life is basically doing nothing more than browsing the internet, maybe watching YouTube or something, and with a relatively low brightness on the screen. Basically, not gaming on it.
  • The hardware cannot be fully powered safely from the battery alone. A rule of thumb is to not allow the battery to discharge more than its mAH rating on average. So if the battery has a 3000mAH rating, the system won't draw more than 3000mA of current on average.
EDIT: Updated the point about the battery discharge rate. It's actually from current, not power (https://lithiumhub.com/discharge-rate/)

Last edited:
Solution
Specs:
11th gen Intel core i5
12GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce MX350
Windows 11
1TB HD
256GB SSD

So basically this laptop was made for gaming. HP also says that it can last up to 7 hours on one charge. I'm lucky to get even an hour out of it. So battery is one issue. The other one is that playing things on it like Minecraft, Dying Light, Fortnite, and Just Cause 4 all drop down to 1-5fps and lock there. Only roblox plays good sitting at a steady 60fps.
I will be talking to HP about this but I was wondering if anyone else has had these same issues if anyone has this same laptop
Have you adjusted anything in the system? At all setting adding ram new cpu have you done any adjustments

Specs:
11th gen Intel core i5
12GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce MX350
Windows 11
1TB HD
256GB SSD

Hey there,

What power plan are you running? Try high performance and see if that helps. Do you use the Omen Gaming Hub? If so, try performance setting on that, and see if it helps.

Reactions: GalaxyWolf2534