Laptop issue with Bios?

Mar 23, 2019
Hello, I have a HP laptop
The problem is it was not used for about 6 months something like that. I turned it on it displayed HP BIOS UPDATE sometimes during this it turned off then did not want to turn on but now it turned on normally like nothing happened before, Howver I am afraid it could come back to this state after I will turn it off now. Can someone tell me what is happening?

Specs:
Intel i3
4 gb RAM
Intel HD 4000

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
How long did it not turn on for? A BIOS update can take a while to complete. and the monitor may go to sleep during this stage. Equally are you sure the battery didn't run out?

Either way, you're back to normal now, I wouldn't worry. If it happens again, then potentially post back.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It sooner sounds like it was just doing it's firmware update.

It will restart itself (potentially multiple times) and on some models can sit looking powered down / idle for a short while whilst it performs the update. Equally some may be set to shutdown depending on how the update was configured.

If all is back to normal now, I wouldn't worry, just be sure to keep the laptop plugged into power and don't switch off the machine if it's performing a BIOS update again. (y)