Question Laptop issues with management of CPU power state and clock speed.

Apr 9, 2019
Hey all.

I got a Gigabyte Sabre 15 laptop here. It has a 7700HQ in it. I have issues with the automatic management of my CPU power state.
In the Gigabyte smart manager tool I can set a power state. It will go from Eco to Performance. If I use the Eco option my CPU frequency will be dynamic and adjust to the load (.8Ghz to 2.8Ghz). If I go Balanced it will lock it at 2.8GHZ and if I go Performance it will lock my CPU to 3.5GHZ on all cores. While it isn't bad to lock the frequency in a laptop, The issue is that I change my workloads frequently so going into some buggy software is not going to work well and there is no point having your CPU sit at 3.5Ghz to read a word doc..
Does anyone know how to just let windows control the CPU state or some other software?

Cheers

Apr 9, 2019
I also noted that the one tool that seems to take president over anything else controlling my CPU power state is the Gigabyte Smart manager software.
Without this software (And the HW driver hidden in Gigabyte FlexiKey) I cannot control CPU and GPU fans or read temps... How buggered am I haha??