Laptop just turns off without warning

Zystrix

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
Hi,

I have 3 years old laptop Asus X550DP. I have that problem whenever i reinstall windows and open device menager i do not have graphics driver installed . Well there is the problem my laptop shut down after 3-5mins or so without drivers ... So its really anoying every time i reinstall it i have to be fast and download drivers and install them but most of times i cant do it that fast so laptop shut itself down 10 20 30 times and that is really stupid. These days i have another problem when i use it without charger battery last for 10 min. Today when i used it he shut down after 2 minutes without any worning and i couldnt turn it on. After that i plug it on charger and press on power button. I am using windows 8.1 64 and you know that part where its all black and you see blue windows logo and below that logo you have white dots circleing. White dots just stop after 2 circles or so and laptop just turn off without any warning without anything. I tryed to repair it windows have that startup repair thing and after that he started correctly and i got warrining on my desktop for graphics drivers. I checked device menager and i saw that yellow triangle with exclamation point next to driver for one graphic cards and for dual graphics. And then ... just black :( again laptop turned off. When i try to start it again it gets to windows logo part and again shut down ... Can someone help me please i did not tryed to reset my windows and reinstall it becouse i lost my cd. But i think there is bigger problem and i did not saw any pc work like that withot drivers just turn of itself no shutdown screen no nothing just black ... Thank you.

Solution

I always leave laptop in sleep mode i just close it and leave it like that for whole night and whenever i want to use it i just open it and continue.
Somehow i fixed it i tryed safe mode and i downloaded and installed drivers for graphics card but that is not only problem ... I can use laptop now everything is like it was ... exept my battery is 0% and...

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
Have you been leaving your laptop on for days at a time? Not in sleep mode, but actively on, with the screen displaying things, or using it for doing things on?

If so, it might be dead unfortunately. Not a super big laptop guy, but this would be my assumption.

Another question is, what power % is the system at when windows comes up? Is the battery malfunctioning, or the charger?

Zystrix

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

I always leave laptop in sleep mode i just close it and leave it like that for whole night and whenever i want to use it i just open it and continue.
Somehow i fixed it i tryed safe mode and i downloaded and installed drivers for graphics card but that is not only problem ... I can use laptop now everything is like it was ... exept my battery is 0% and it wont charge. I downloaded program BetteryInfoView and it says battery capacity 0.0% so i think its dead.
Thanks for replay :D

Solution