Laptop, keeping it ON all the time vs turning it off for few hours daily.

zertix-net

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Laptop, I need it on all the time. Is it better to keep it all the time on, or turn it off for few hours every day. I read once that is better to keep it on all the time, since switching it off and on daily actually causes more damage to the electronics.

Solution
The components are designed to run, and run. It will wear certain parts like fans and the screen out slightly quicker, but so long as you keep the insides clean from dust and dirt, and the temperature at a decent level (maybe with a separate laptop cooler) it should be quite happy!
I loften leave my old Toshiba laptop on for a couple of days at a time, and is still going strong, despite being about 6 years old! I have had to replace the battery, and the screen, but all quite cheap easy to fix parts. Just keep an eye on the temps (including power supply and battery) and you will be fine!

Hope this helps,
Regards,
K.

Kenton82

Reputable
The components are designed to run, and run. It will wear certain parts like fans and the screen out slightly quicker, but so long as you keep the insides clean from dust and dirt, and the temperature at a decent level (maybe with a separate laptop cooler) it should be quite happy!
I loften leave my old Toshiba laptop on for a couple of days at a time, and is still going strong, despite being about 6 years old! I have had to replace the battery, and the screen, but all quite cheap easy to fix parts. Just keep an eye on the temps (including power supply and battery) and you will be fine!

Hope this helps,
Regards,
K.

Solution