Question Laptop keeps crashing even after multiple reformatting

Oct 3, 2022
I think this problem started with the latest windows 10 update. I noticed my games were unusually slow. I then removed the update, removed it successfully, but after a few hours it crashed. Laptop tried diagnosing and repairing itself but failed. I then tried reformatting it but when I start the first windows update it crashed once again and removed the recent update that caused it. I tried sfc/scannow and mdsched for ssd and memory problem but it was fine, i dont get it... Reformatting pc and changing OS from windows 10 home and to Pro, but still the same problem. Crashing when updating drivers saying it failed to load it (error code 39).

Any of you guys here know the answer or point out the problem?

P.s. sorry for bad English

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? SKU to said laptop? Where did you source the installer for your OS? If you're working with an HDD, then the issue might very well be that the HDD is on it's way out...or your installer is corrupt.

Crashing when updating drivers saying it failed to load it (error code 39).
manually download all drivers for your laptop and have them on a thumb drive. Disconnect from the www when installing the OS so the OS doesn't download and install drivers it thinks is right for your laptop.

Oct 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? SKU to said laptop? Where did you source the installer for your OS? If you're working with an HDD, then the issue might very well be that the HDD is on it's way out...or your installer is corrupt.

Crashing when updating drivers saying it failed to load it (error code 39).
manually download all drivers for your laptop and have them on a thumb drive. Disconnect from the www when installing the OS so the OS doesn't download and install drivers it thinks is right for your laptop.

Laptop Model: Lenovo ideapad 330 14-ast
Main storage is an SSD (Samsung EVO 870 around 3-4 months old and the ram I'm using is a Kingston HyperX around 6-7 months old)
I got my Windows 10 Home on the windows website (media creation tool). Already tried manually updating the drivers on the lenovo support page (based on my model) and the windows update method. I forgot where I downloaded the Win 10 Pro iso file, but i got the link on one of the comments of a post in the windows website. The website was legit (checked on different websites regarding the link if it is really safe and i found out it is. Plus the one who shared the link was like a moderator on the windows website, well sort of...)

Lutfij

Titan
Already tried manually updating the drivers on the lenovo support page (based on my model) and the windows update method.
If you connect to the www, the OS will download drivers it thinks is necessary for your laptop, which is a no no. You download the drivers prior onto athumb drive. Disconnect from the www and then manually install all relevant drivers.

I forgot where I downloaded the Win 10 Pro iso file, but i got the link on one of the comments of a post in the windows website.
Why would you need to do that? Windows Media Creation Tools has it for you from the get go.

Oct 3, 2022
Already tried manually updating the drivers on the lenovo support page (based on my model) and the windows update method.
If you connect to the www, the OS will download drivers it thinks is necessary for your laptop, which is a no no. You download the drivers prior onto athumb drive. Disconnect from the www and then manually install all relevant drivers.

I forgot where I downloaded the Win 10 Pro iso file, but i got the link on one of the comments of a post in the windows website.
Why would you need to do that? Windows Media Creation Tools has it for you from the get go.

First i tried reinstalling the Windows 10 home using the windows creation tool but it failed (reinstalled the OS 3 times but still it failed) next is the windows 10 Pro. Since i can't get the windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool i just downloaded the iso on a website (which has good reviews for being legit and safe) and again it failed.

Also i didn't connect to the www, because i accidentally broke my internet wifi cable like a year a go (accidentally broke the wire that is connected to the "wifi card?") So yeah.. no wifi/internet during the installation of the OS

Last edited: