[SOLVED] Laptop keeps powering off

xaeriee

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
I think the laptop is overheating and powering off. I've taken it apart and used compressed air to blow out dust. There wasn't a ton of dust but surely enough to be a culprit I'd think. I also cleaned one of the fans I was able to fit a que tip into with alcohol. It's still overheating. All the fans are running. It runs plenty cool when not playing games - only gets really hot when playing games like minecraft.

DxDiag:
https://pastebin.com/A1SCSQnP

Solution
If you've blown all the dust out yet it's still overheating when gaming, kinda tells me your laptop was not built for games as demanding as those you are playing. Even if your hardware meets the game requirements, it still remains that controlling heat is particularly challenging on any laptop for obvious reasons.

You might have to settle for less-demanding games or set your existing games to lower settings.
If you've blown all the dust out yet it's still overheating when gaming, kinda tells me your laptop was not built for games as demanding as those you are playing. Even if your hardware meets the game requirements, it still remains that controlling heat is particularly challenging on any laptop for obvious reasons.

You might have to settle for less-demanding games or set your existing games to lower settings.

Solution
Gaming laptops are notorious overheaters.
Of necessity, coolers must be small and light.
They are not efficient.

I do not know that cooling pads are of much use.

My only suggestion is to cap your cpu performance to under 100%
You likely have cpu performance to spare.