Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I don't know where to post this so I am putting it in here. I am having a problem with my laptop as when I turn it on it gets past the spalsh screen but it won't get any further as a error comes up but before I can read it the laptop reboots I tried to reinstall windows and it didn't work so I instaled on another HDD and put it in and it still does the same thing. Does anyone know what the cause of this problem is as it does it when using the battery and when using a powerpoint. Any help with this willll be appreciated.

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Can you load windows in safe mode? What version of windows? I'm guessing its XP. Is the error a BSOD? (Blue screen of death) If so, boot into safe mode (if you can), and change the startup options (Control Panel->System->Advanced Tab->Startup and Recovery Settings) and uncheck 'Automatically restart'. That way you can actually read the BSOD.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
Yeah it is XP and it is a blue screen and when I go to boot from safe mode it does the same thing making me think it is hardware or something like that.

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B