Laptop keeps stuttering and freezing

Mark_238

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Hi, it's my first time posting to this forum.
So I bought an Acer Aspire laptop last July, and it was working fine until recently. But, starting two weeks ago, I started getting these weird stutters, video and audio. The audio would start to sound like you were holding the space bar down and the video would just freeze. Sometimes, my screen would go black or my whole computer would freeze for up to 3 minutes. Even when browsing, I also get these weird lag spikes when i close a window, where it takes like 15 seconds to close it. I have Bitdefender Total Protection, but even after running multiple scans and using the Optimization tool, I'm still getting these stutters. And when I game, (casual stuff like League of Legends), I am crashing before the game even starts. And the stuttering is still there. What is wrong with my laptop?

Solution

Schnolhamor

Commendable
May 11, 2016

List of possible problems with your laptop are:

Virus (unlikely)

Bad Driver/Missing Driver (Probable)

Hardware Issue (Possible but highly irritating to fix)

The Solutions:

Format your PC: Copy all vital files and folders to a flash drive, format your PC then use Driver booster as well as Driver Identifier to reinstall all drivers.

If that doesn't fix the issue; than the problem is a hardware one and you should take your laptop down to a shop to get it checked or scrap it and buy a new one.

FORMAT FIRST! That almost always fixes any problems.

Solution