Question Laptop Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Install

Sep 28, 2019
I have built a few PCs and tinkered with laptops and feel like i have tried everything but i just cant get the keyboard to work.

Ill go through what ive tried.

When i first acquired the laptop it was running windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Got into bios changed boot order and booted up the PC to install windows 10, i managed to input username and wifi password with no issues, but after that initial boot onto desktop ive had nothing but problems. I initially had keys displaying the wrong characters (backspace and about 80% of letters were just showing as '+'. Some letters would work fine but there was something visibily wrong.

I have:
Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, at least 5 times, to no prevail
Reinstalled windows 10 (This Just made the problem worse, now the keys dont display anything)
Changing i0842prt in regedit
trying different drivers

I cant think of anything else it would be, but im starting to lose hope. Any help is appreciated

stonecarver

Upstanding
Nov 18, 2019
Sounds like you have hit your "FN" key with your "F" key that changes how your keyboard outputs. Look up you model and look up the "FN" keys functions. Each laptop is different as to what FN keys do. good luck

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS