Laptop Keyboard not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseIT

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
So there is this Dell Vastro laptop which keyboard and touch-pad are not responding at all once the OS boot up. I notice it works on startup which allow me to view CMOS setting but the problem lies is when windows starts. Any ideas?

Windows7
4gb ram
vostro 3400

Thanks!

Solution
You can try...

1. Using an external keyboard and mouse; if they work, check the drivers within Device Manager and/or scan for viruses.
2. Boot from a Linux Live OS. If the keyboard and touchpad work, you've at least isolated the problem as Windows specific.
You can try...

1. Using an external keyboard and mouse; if they work, check the drivers within Device Manager and/or scan for viruses.
2. Boot from a Linux Live OS. If the keyboard and touchpad work, you've at least isolated the problem as Windows specific.

Solution

JoseIT

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015

Hello Pro start,

I reinstall the drivers and update the drivers and nothing happen. Also when i try to boot from my kali persistent flash drive it shutdown automatically as well as in my fedora live OS

Yikes! There seems to be faulty hardware. I think the board needs looked at. Not sure if that is related to the keyboard issue or not, though. It's hard to say at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.