Question Laptop keyboard not working.

Oct 7, 2019
My Windows 10 laptop's keyboard isn't working propperly, when in the home screen only the "Fn" key and it's functions with "F1" through "F12" work, as well as the power button which is one of the keyboard's keys. All the back-lighting on the keys are correctly lit up as well.

However, when in BIOS, the keys used to navigate (enter, arrow keys, and Q) all work just fine, which pretty much rules out the possibility of this being a hardware problem.

Also worth noting, when I plug in an external USB keyboard, it works just fine.

I have followed a dozen guides online of "laptop keyboard not working" and have so far tried this without any success:

-Uninstalled and Reinstalled keyboard drivers.
-Updated keyboard drivers.
-Tried the whole "turn on/off filter keys".
-Completely wiped and reset laptop through windows. (as I'm planning on selling it anyways)
-Updated to the newest BIOS with a USB.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Laptop: "ASUS ROG GL702VT"

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019
Since you're on Windows 10, which version are you currently on? We're on 1909. Have you tried installing all drivers from Asus's support site, manually?

I am currently on windows ver 1903, and no I haven't managed to get drivers from the asus website, since when I go to my specific laptop's drivers, I don't see any keyboard drivers listed... Is there somewhere else I can get them from on ASUS's website?