Mar 4, 2022
Hello, my laptop is Lenovo Legion Y540. Recently my laptop's keyboard stopped working, sometimes it works on its own but that is very rarely, it only works in BIOS and some fn keys work but nothing more than that, I've tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, I've tried cleaning up the laptop from dust and I've even reinstalled windows 10 but nothing works, my last resort is probably just changing the keyboard itself but it seems like such a tedious process specially since I'm pretty sure it's a software problem if it's working in BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've even reinstalled windows 10
Can you please state where you sourced the installer for your OS? If the trackpad works, can you tell what version(not edition) of the OS you're on? If the keyboard is partially functioning while you're in BIOS, then the issue can't be merely software related.

Mar 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've even reinstalled windows 10
Can you please state where you sourced the installer for your OS? If the trackpad works, can you tell what version(not edition) of the OS you're on? If the keyboard is partially functioning while you're in BIOS, then the issue can't be merely software related.
I'm not sure what you mean by where I sourced my installer but the installed OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, I used a boot device to reinstall windows, during reinstalling the keyboard was also not working, things like that make me not know what the problems is, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of buying a new keyboard for the laptop since I am very busy these days