Laptop lags, then cuts the WiFi connection. Must restart for it to fix it.

Petree

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I'm having a persistent problem with my WiFi connection.

When starting the PC it automatically connects to my WiFi. After a random amount of time, between 5 mins and 5 hours. The PC lags, witch is noticeably in movies/Skype where all sounds get's choppy and robotic, the PC feels like it's doing the same. Right after this the Laptop cuts the internet connection and then there are no connections available (like it would have shown if you deactivated your WiFi) . It does not show any of the usually WiFi signals. and the PC must be restarted before it's fixed. And then after a while it crashes again. Added before and after pictures i found on Google at the bottom of the post.

Before it shuts of the WiFi, I get the usual network speed (1.5 MB/s)

This had been working for about a year now, don't know what set the problem off, and it's been like this for the past week.

Got an Easynote Packard Bell
I'm also using a VPN, named: Tunngle.

I've tried:
Connecting it Directly to the router with a cable.
Deactivating the VPN Adapter
Uninstalling the VPN
Formatting the PC to Factory speccs.

Before: goo.gl/FXYprV
After: goo.gl/WXMpaM

Edits: Added some information.

brarboy

Honorable

that is ideal temperature, but keeping laptop in ur bed or in your lap thus blocking the airways can result in increase in temperature. Also try clearing your cache if it helps.

Clearing DNS Cache:
1. Type Command Prompt in Start Search, right-click on Command Prompt under Programs and select Run As Administrator.
2. Now, type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.(it will show a message that Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache)

Clearing Memory Cache:
1. First right-click anywhere on the desktop and select New > Shortcut.
2. Now enter the following line when asked for location of the shortcut and hit Next:
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks
3. Give it any name and hit Finish.
4. Now open this newly created shortcut and you will notice a slightly better performance.

Clearing Thumbnails Cache:
1. Right-click your primary disk partition (where Windows is installed) and open Properties dialog.
2. Now, click Disk Cleanup to open Disk Cleanup dialog.
3. Select the items you want to remove, along with Thumbnails to remove the thumbnail cache.
4. Click OK followed by Delete files to delete selected items and remove thumbnail cache.

Additionally, clear all browsers' cache too that are installed in your pc. For more information on clearing browsers' cache refer this link:
http://www.cyberisle.com/news/cache_clear.htm

Petree

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
It seems like its my PC is overheating. like you said this can happen when you use it in your lap as i do most of the time, and i'm blocking most of the intakes. I also placed the laptop in a cold room overnight and it was fine the day after, not having lost the internet connection.

Thanks for your help.

brarboy

Honorable

glad i could help you out.
good luck :)