[SOLVED] Laptop LCD Screen - Safe to use isopropyl 70% alcohol on microfiber cloth to wipe off?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Hi all,

I heard that water is bad for LCD screens and causes damage but what if the laptop is off? Can I apply light pressure to get rid of any grime that can't be blown off the screen?

What if the laptop is in sleep mode is small water particles that were left to evaporate for a few seconds really that bad?

Solution
You should use a mild soapy solution and the microfiber cloth to wipe any screen. Using Isopropyl alcohol can cause streaks to appear and also damage the coating on certain panels. You should apply the soapy solution to the clothe not the surface to avoid any pooling and streaks and subsequent entry into nooks you don't want them to enter. Light pressure yes, don't go at them with a nail. Instead have a moist tissue atop of the affected areas to help with soaking and loosening the grime.

Lutfij

Titan
You should use a mild soapy solution and the microfiber cloth to wipe any screen. Using Isopropyl alcohol can cause streaks to appear and also damage the coating on certain panels. You should apply the soapy solution to the clothe not the surface to avoid any pooling and streaks and subsequent entry into nooks you don't want them to enter. Light pressure yes, don't go at them with a nail. Instead have a moist tissue atop of the affected areas to help with soaking and loosening the grime.

Solution

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
So apply soapy microfiber to affected area, then use a moist towel to "wash" away the soap and grime?

Is it bad to let water evaporate on the screen? I think it's only bad if it's dripping.