• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Laptop lcd technical literature

golam21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Hello,
I have a lenovo e520 (Radeon 6630+Intel), purchased in November, 2011. I have one of those annoying "display overscaled" issues (display is too large for the screen). The funny thing is that it appears to fix itself every once in a while (twice actually) and then after a few days, return to bug the life out of me. What is really terrible though, is that, after months of hunting I haven't been able locate much info on a possible fix. Even threads which report a similar problem seem to just die after much heated discussion on global politics. Jokes apart, is there any technical repository from where I can learn how LCD screens work; from the hardware lines on the connector to how the bios and os might handle parameters like screen size, orientation, etc. I have some experience with microcontroller programming (very very basic) and have ripped open at least three lcd displays. I have also already dumbfounded the concerned technical/service 'executives' with my questions. Any pointers?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS