Question Laptop mainly for 3DSMAX (3D Visualization and Modeling | Corona + Vray) up to $1,300

snl

Jul 5, 2019
Hey,

I am looking for recommendations of models that fit mainly for visualization and 3D modeling using Corona and Vray engines. Budget up to $1000-1300.
In the future, basic animations would also be optional - mainly to support creating your own portfolio as an architect.

Other less used software:
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • AutoCAD
Currently, I am a bit out of technology especially in the laptops, I also do not know which series of laptops can be trusted by manufacturers - especially if this is the issue of temperature under high stress, I suspect that at full throttle it is possible to quickly overheat the equipment due to poorly designed cooling.

Mainly I was wondering about Dell because of the previously proven reliability. The Legion series from Lenovo seems to be quite attractive, although I have the impression that not much has changed in the subject of the quality of workmanship here would also have some objections to the matrix or cooling system. Generally, I would abandon the design for strictly "gaming" series of laptops.

edit: Intel's CPU, Nvidia GPU - less complicated configurations, two laptops and one PC on components from AMD always caused problems.

Thank you in advance, best regards
snl

snl

Jul 5, 2019
Hard to beat the offerings from Dell. I have had several Mobile Precision Workstations over the years and have gotten more than my money's worth from them.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/sfc/sf/precision-laptops

Much thanks for the answer. This series seems to be reliable for this kind of tasks. Unfortunately, in my foreign country on local market prices are slightly over my price range so I have to look for something else.

I looked around and seems that Lenovo still tries to overcome other producers like Dell by offering higher performance but in the cost overall quality which concerns me in order of cooling system and perhaps buying one of these laptops may be a problem after more than one year of intense using.

edit: At this moment I am thinking about Dell Inspiron G5 series.

Last edited: