Laptop memory question

Xanter98

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I am going to be short on this: I have an ASUS laptop and I want to upgrade sistem ram from 4 to 8 gb of ram, but in CpuZ shows me that the memory speed is around 798. The question is what memory should I use?
PS My Cpu is i3 3217U, MOBA: Asus X450CP and system memory type is ddr3.

Solution
Or you could visit the Crucial website (using your laptop) and run their system scanner, after which it will show you compatible RAM that they have in stock, plus how your existing RAM is configured, number of occupied/spare slots etc.

They also have a money back guarantee if you buy RAM from them & it proves to be faulty or incompatible.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Google the technical specs or handbook for your laptop, they should tell you if it's possible to upgrade the memory.

If you currently have a single 4GB stick of RAM installed, and the motherboard has another slot free, you can just get another 4GB stick, but if it's 2x2GB, you'll have to buy 2x4GB.

Or you could visit the Crucial website (using your laptop) and run their system scanner, after which it will show you compatible RAM that they have in stock, plus how your existing RAM is configured, number of occupied/spare slots etc.

They also have a money back guarantee if you buy RAM from them & it proves to be faulty or incompatible.

Solution