Laptop missing most drivers after faulty program installed new ones.

Mar 4, 2018
Hello, ill cut straight to the point.
This problem begins with me installing one of those "automatic driver update" things, because i wanted to use my internal mic while my headset was plugged in wich was not possible, it installed the drivers and asked me to reboot my laptop, so i did. The result being, everything from the sound on the machine to the touchscreen to the camera, no longer working. My assumption is it installed new drivers and deleted the old ones. Im completely lost, everything is gone. Ive been looking far and wide to undo this but after 2 weeks of searching i give up. Any of you guys mind helping me out here? Ill provide information if needed.

Mar 4, 2018

Thanks for the help, but the issue is ive already tried installing multiple drivers, and it doesnt seem to work at all.
My audio is still gone, camera still doesnt work, and games still run like garbage.
Best regards!

USAFRet

Titan

Then it may be time for a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.
Create a USB install of whatever OS this is, boot from that.

Mar 4, 2018

I see, i dont own USBs that are larger than a couple GB, and i have no clue how big a Windows 10 install is, ill look it up and get back to you.
Thank you.

Mar 4, 2018

I see, thats unfortunate then. I'll go out and buy myself a new one tomorrow then.
Thank you, ill update you on the situation when i get myself the new USB.
Best regards and thanks for the help.

kanewolf

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from epicfox.demonfox : "Laptop missing most drivers after faulty program installed new ones."