[SOLVED] Laptop MOBO dead

Apr 1, 2020
Image to motherboard

Greetings, I have an MSI GE60 2PC laptop and today it died. I opened it up and found out a component on the motherboard blew and I have attached a link to the image above. I assume that it is the source of the problem as I see no other parts out of place. I have little to no knowledge on computer parts so my question is, is that component replaceable? Or is the motherboard completely gone. Thank you in advance for any help.

Solution
symbol on it is "PC34" meaning power capacitor, thing is i dont have schematic of the motherboard so your best bet would removing the capacitor and then checking if motherboard is shorted. You need to know what was causing this component to blow up, might be liquid damage or other damaged components example.
Image to motherboard

Greetings, I have an MSI GE60 2PC laptop and today it died. I opened it up and found out a component on the motherboard blew and I have attached a link to the image above. I assume that it is the source of the problem as I see no other parts out of place. I have little to no knowledge on computer parts so my question is, is that component replaceable? Or is the motherboard completely gone. Thank you in advance for any help.

symbol on it is "PC34" meaning power capacitor, thing is i dont have schematic of the motherboard so your best bet would removing the capacitor and then checking if motherboard is shorted. You need to know what was causing this component to blow up, might be liquid damage or other damaged components example.

Solution