Question Laptop Monitor Issue (Colors are off, burn in, severe ghosting)

anonalchemist

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
The laptop (Lenovo Flex 15 - i5-4210U) my parents use recently experienced an issue with its monitor. There is an overall purple/neon-greenish hue through the entire monitor, severe ghosting and burn in detected.

Example Picture:
I have attempted to troubleshoot by:

• Using an external secondary monitor, which works fine. No color issues or artifacts occurs on the external monitor, only the built in one
  • Running it on its battery only and setting it on high performance. This laptop is normally always plugged in
  • Running some full screen "fix screen burn in" videos, on max brightness
  • Rebooting - issue has persisted for 2 days now (per my father, issue started yesterday)
This literally seems to have developed overnight, as everything was fine a few days ago, when I was teaching them how to cast their screen. This laptop always runs plugged in and is never moved. I am suspecting that this is a physical screen issue, or perhaps an issue with the display ribbon, but I would love to get a second opinion. Thanks!

The laptop (Lenovo Flex 15 - i5-4210U) my parents use recently experienced an issue with its monitor. There is an overall purple/neon-greenish hue through the entire monitor, severe ghosting and burn in detected.

Example Picture:
I have attempted to troubleshoot by:

• Using an external secondary monitor, which works fine. No color issues or artifacts occurs on the external monitor, only the built in one
  • Running it on its battery only and setting it on high performance. This laptop is normally always plugged in
  • Running some full screen "fix screen burn in" videos, on max brightness
  • Rebooting - issue has persisted for 2 days now (per my father, issue started yesterday)
This literally seems to have developed overnight, as everything was fine a few days ago, when I was teaching them how to cast their screen. This laptop always runs plugged in and is never moved. I am suspecting that this is a physical screen issue, or perhaps an issue with the display ribbon, but I would love to get a second opinion. Thanks!
The displays in this Lenovo are generic and crap I would suggest getting a quality screen

TRENDING THREADS