Laptop Motherboard Damage by techie...Maybe?? Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2018
Hi guys

We got our IT guys that we pay a monthly support contract to to come out to us and install a new hard drive in my laptop as I had run out of space. Unfortunately Id bought a 15mm one and it needed to be 7mm so he put the old one back in.

It was working fine the night before when I used it. When I got it back it didnt work. To cut a long story short it appears the motherboard is not registering the hard drive.

He says that it wasnt due to the work he done and just a coincidence. Im unsure. I dont want to be a dick if he didnt do anything but feel it's too much of a conincidence that Ive never had any problems and now my laptops broke with the exact same part that he changed.

Whats your thoughts?? Would I be right in holding him responsible for this?

(Edited) I forgot to add, the IT guy has said because its a motherboard issue on a laptop its not repairable. The laptop cost me a grand but it is a couple of years old now. Not something I want to chuck away but hes saying it can be very expensive to change the motherboard and it could not fix the issue as theres a few different parts to it. Not sure how tru that is but I have heard before that a motherboard on a laptop = a write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.