[SOLVED] Laptop no sound after lightning strikes electricity

Cardinal RPH

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
My laptop made no sound after lightning struck my house and electricity.

I've tried changing the driver or troubleshooting the driver but no sound comes out of my laptop.

not only from my laptop speakers, the 3.5 jack on my laptop has no sound even though I've changed headphones to new ones.

is there any solution or idea to solve it?
did the hardware on my laptop get damaged after a lightning strike?

Solution
Oh, God..
but this laptop can still work normally even without sound.
is the audio chipset broken so no sound comes out?
Yes.

In my previous PC, after a lightning strike in the yard, I think...the only part of the PC that was affected was the ethernet port.

Some other things in the house were affected, but that one port was the only thing on that particular PC.
Add in a PCIe ethernet adapter, all was well.

Cardinal RPH

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
You could use Bluetooth headphones. amazed that lightning wouldn't zap the whole thing though. What makes you think it was lightning?

I think it was lightning because when it started flashing all the electronic equipment in my house went out immediately, including this laptop, and yes, the dining table lamp broke right then and there

I'm also starting to think about switching to wireless headphones, and maybe it's safe when there's high voltage or lightning strikes.

USAFRet

Titan
Oh, God..
but this laptop can still work normally even without sound.
is the audio chipset broken so no sound comes out?
Yes.

In my previous PC, after a lightning strike in the yard, I think...the only part of the PC that was affected was the ethernet port.

Some other things in the house were affected, but that one port was the only thing on that particular PC.
Add in a PCIe ethernet adapter, all was well.

Solution