Question Laptop not able to connect to WiFi

Astralv

Distinguished
SOLVED! Hey, enthusiasts! Laptop can connect to wired network but not to wireless WiFi.

I built many desktop systems, am not a big laptop fan. But I bought Dell Latitude workstation in (don't laugh) 2009. We were supposed to use it for live band performances but it didn't take off, so it was barely used. I changed Hadr Drive to SSD myself and this thing runs perfectly fine. It was top end Dell in 2009 (lol), it has Intel Centrino processor (fancy Core 2 version) and Samsung SSD. I spent near 3K on this thing back when money was worth something and the computer feels like new. It had Vista OS on it initially (yeah), but was upgraded to Windows 7 when I upgraded to SSD.

It connects to wired network. But would not connect to WiFi. I tried in 2 different locations with 2 different unrelated networks. Yes, WiFi is turned on, it can see all kinds of network, it wants to connect, tries to connect but then says, "Windows was not able to connect to ..." Troubleshoot Problem says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue."

Last edited:

Astralv

Distinguished
I solved it! I got frustrated enough to go and remove all Networks listed (In Open Networks and Sharing) section, and suddenly, when all networks disappeared, desired network was on the list, I connected, and was successful. So it was trying to connect to networks it was remembering despite changes. Thank you!

Reactions: Why_Me