[SOLVED] Laptop not booting (Probably not a laptop issue)

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
So I just turned my old laptop ON one day just to find that it's stuck on boot loop or whatever it's called. It goes like this: Manufacturer name > Black Screen > Manufacturer name > Black Screen..........(infinite loop). I thought it was a windows related problem but it also doesn't boot from a perfectly bootable USB pen drive(Windows 7). I tried to boot from the HDD(Laptop) on my desktop(Used USB adapter of some sort to convert the laptop internal HDD to an external HDD), didn't work. SO, what could be the issue? Any suggestions?

Laptop: Acer Aspire 4739

[Feel free to move this thread to any other section if it's more appropriate]

Solution
Hey, I was wondering if I could connect the laptop's HDD to my desktop internally. Then could I boot from the laptop's HDD? Or install fresh windows on it?
Would there be any problems?

Maybe possible to start a Windows setup and finish it in the laptop, do the Windows setup till the first reboot, then turn off the system and move the drive to the laptop see if it boots and continues the boot. Make sure both systems are on the same disk mode in the BIOS.
Can you get into the BIOS? If not, try different RAM, or swap RAM slots. Try resetting the motherboard by removing the battery and the CMOS battery, holding in the power button for 30 seconds, then plug in wall power without any batteries and see if it gets into BIOS then.

You won't be able to boot a system using the laptop drive as a USB drive.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Can you get into the BIOS? If not, try different RAM, or swap RAM slots. Try resetting the motherboard by removing the battery and the CMOS battery, holding in the power button for 30 seconds, then plug in wall power without any batteries and see if it gets into BIOS then.

You won't be able to boot a system using the laptop drive as a USB drive.
Yes, i can get into bios/boot menu. I didn't boot it, i just used it as an external drive when I used it in my desktop

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if I could connect the laptop's HDD to my desktop internally. Then could I boot from the laptop's HDD? Or install fresh windows on it?
Would there be any problems?

Maybe possible to start a Windows setup and finish it in the laptop, do the Windows setup till the first reboot, then turn off the system and move the drive to the laptop see if it boots and continues the boot. Make sure both systems are on the same disk mode in the BIOS.

Reactions: Ziadul87
Solution