Question Laptop not charging after dissambly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 26, 2019
So after I cleaned up my fan it seems like the laptop doesnt wanna charge. Any idea why that might be? Solutions?

Thanks

May 26, 2019
I am unable to turn on the laptop now or at least for a fair amount of time; however I tested turning on with the AC adapter again and it doesnt really work anymore. It only turns on with the battety for a quick moment. Could it be that the AC is faulty?

If the battery only lasts a moment it's probably at very low charge. At this point I'd say the first thing to try is a new charger. It's a good troubleshooting step to rule that out before going deeper, and should be a lot easier and cheaper than the next steps.

It aint broken. It seems more of a software issue than a hardware since it is still charging but not increasing nor decreasing. I wouldnt be here otherwiss

If all you did was open it, then it can't all of a sudden be a software issue, software may show you the % of battery, but the actual charging is not done with software. Otherwise the battery would never charge if it was shut off, yet if you turn off the laptop and plug in the wall power it will charge the battery. Did you test the battery life? If it's plugged in and you run it, does it die after some time? If you unplug it, does it work off battery for a while? Run the system with something like a benchmark till the battery is pretty much dead, then plug it in to charge it with system shut off. In a few hours, unplug it and turn it on see if the battery charges.

May 26, 2019
Opened again. reconnected and checked the things I took off. I also checked the things I didnt disconnect. Charger seems fine; i can plug and unplug it with no issues. Only thing to check is if it actually charges. Right after I put it together I tried to turn it on but it shut down instantly, so I will give sone time charging. Hopefully it does charge..