Question Laptop not charging after dissambly

May 26, 2019
So after I cleaned up my fan it seems like the laptop doesnt wanna charge. Any idea why that might be? Solutions?

Thanks

May 26, 2019
I can turn on the laptop just fine withoutcharher, but the charger does not do anything at all. The battery is not detected in any way as if it was not plugged at all. I tried using the charger on another laptop, it works. The charging led doesnt turn on either, so I suppose it must be a power jack issue?

OK, so the battery works but the charger doesn't.

How far did you go in disassembling it? Some models of laptop have the jack soldered on the board but from Google searches it seems this one uses a cable that plugs into the board. Make sure this is secure.

May 26, 2019
Ah shoot. I shutted it down

Anyways. It did work somehow and told me no battery detected. I still have to power it on again.

Im turning it on and off many times will this cause sn issue

May 26, 2019
Yesterday I had a battery issue, it didnt want to charge. I tried a suggestion in here and it worked; however, now it stays at the same percentage not charging at all.

The battery and the AC works fine since I can turn on the laptop with both of them separately. I suppose the battery doesnt want to recognize the AC(?)

So I unplugged the laptop and im now to square one. Laptop doesnt wanna charge with the AC unless I turn it on without the battery then plug battery in while its on but that would bring me back to "plugged in, charging" but not charging at all

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
So I noticed something: the charger wont be detected I reconnect it; if i plug it off and plug it again it, the charging led wont even turn on, but if I unplug it from laptop and from the wall, it will turn on the charging led. However, it still doesnt charge.

Well this is becoming an odd problem. Let me suggest this to troubleshoot a potential software or driver issue: take note of the battery percentage, then reboot and go into Bios setup, leave it there for long enough you'd expect to see a notable increase in battery percent, and boot back into Windows. If there's still no charging, it points to hardware: either the battery or charger (relatively cheap to replace) or the motherboard.