Question Laptop not detecting external monitor ?

Aug 1, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am having a strange problem with my monitor. I have external monitor and I connected it to my Laptop via HDMI. When I restart the computer, I see the start up screen on the monitor but after getting into the sign in screen display jumps to laptop screen. In the Display Setting, Laptop cannot detect the external monitor. Firstly I thought I have a hardware issue regarding the HDMI adapter or cable. I checked this by installing a second OS Ubuntu. With Ubuntu I can connect to the external monitor perfectly, no problems. With this I am sure that the hardware is OK!. I tried update/install/unstalll the drivers, no solution. If anyone having / solved this kinda problem please help.

System Info:
Laptop : Asus G56JK
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Monitor : Asus XG49VQ

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should first check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then check to see what OS version you're on at the time of writing. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest driver version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should first check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then check to see what OS version you're on at the time of writing. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest driver version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I am currently on Win 10 - 64bit (tried ubuntu as a second OS)